Wednesday, November 20, 2013

2013 December Daily: The Cover


Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a great week :) It seems the holiday season snuck right up on us, and I've been trying to tackle so many different projects to get ready for my favorite time of the year! This week I've been preparing my 2013 December Daily album. If you're looking for inspiration, I've recently shared Week 1 & Week 2 of last year's DD album. And today I'm so happy to show what I've done with the cover of my 2013 album!

I'm not a traditional red and green gal when it comes to Christmas... I'm all about PINK! I include my favorite color in our holiday decorations, our Christmas cards, and even my December Daily! It's pretty awesome how everything coordinates beautifully together :D Pink makes me happy and inspires me, and I couldn't think of a better way to bring joy into our home. Especially since our daughter loves it too! To satisfy the man in our family, I also include touches of his favorite color [blue], and use the traditional red and green as accents.


This year I'm using a 6x8 Sn@p by Simple Stories album that I picked up from Michaels [using my 40% off coupon]. I went with pink, of course! But it's also available in red, teal, orange, green, and brown. Choose a color that tickles your fancy!

I started out by wrapping a strip of colorful Christmas ribbon [by Studio G] around the cover and butting it right against the pink fabric. I glued a button [from last year's Studio Calico DD Kit], which I tied with red & white twine, where the ends meets. Next, I spritzed a paper doily with some pink homemade alcohol ink, and glued it to the cover.

The fun part was rummaging through my stash of supplies to find things to layer my album with. I found a hot pink snowflake cut [gifted to me by a friend] that I backed with some icy blue textured cardstock. I added a tiny piece of "Snowflake" bling by Queen&Co. [from last year's Studio Calico DD Kit]. I also used some snowflake wood veneers from last year's DD kit, and sprayed them with more pink alcohol ink and blue homemade glimmer mist. I topped those off with pink and blue "Sugar Coating Glitter" by Doodlebug Designs.

For the title of my album, I used glittery blue woodgrain alphabet stickers called "Woodland Winter" by TPC Studio and red foam glitter thickers named "Jingle." A piece of pink bling by Studio G. finishes off the front cover.


On the spine, I used a piece of pretty blue patterned paper by Colorbok and pink glitter Recollections alphabet stickers for the label. I sprayed and glittered another wood veneer piece, and for the year I added glittery white chipboard thickers called "Delight." 

Yes... I love glitter!


I absolutely adore how this year's album is coming along! It's very me :) And I can't wait to start filling it up! I'm currently working on the foundation pages, and I'll be sharing those with you next week. So stay tuned! Then when December comes, I'll be showing you the completed pages as I go...

I hope you enjoyed today's post! This month, I'll be sharing the remaining weeks of my 2012 album. Remember to subscribe to my blog if you want to follow me on this year's December Daily adventure! If you're looking for more DD inspiration, check out my "December Daily" pinboard on Pinterest! It's my "vision board" for this year's album.

You can also stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you documenting December with a daily album? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear them! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love!!!!!! And you work the PINK so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose - I'm into the nontraditional colors for Christmas too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I saw that... love what you did with your December #30Lists <3 The pink theme is fabulous!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I want to start a December Daily album, but just decided today! So I'm hoping I can find something easy, like the Smash Book Holiday Bundle since I have never done any PL or Smash books. I need all the help I can get, so feel free to give me pointers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend :) I hope the chat we had on Facebook helps you out! Remember to check out my blog this week when I post the foundation pages for this year's album. It should give you some pretty good ideas of how to fill up your pages :) You know how to reach me if you have any more questions! Can't wait to see how your book comes together...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover